At the request of partners across the Commonwealth, the Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities offers the following resources. We hope that they are helpful to you at this time.
For Parents & Educators
- Empowering Young People in the Aftermath of Hate
- George Floyd. Ahmaud Arbery. Breonna Taylor. What Do We Tell Our Children?
- Helping Students Make Sense of News Stories about Bias and Injustice
- How to Talk to Your Children About Protests and Racism
- It’s Never Too Young to Talk about Race and Gender
- Talking to Children After Racial Incidents
- Talking to Kids About Current Events and Conflicts
- Talking to Kids About Discrimination
- Agencies Face a Huge Obstacle in Responding to Racism: Their Own Failure to Act
- Dear CEOs: Your Silence Is Deafening
- How Managers Can (and Should) Address Race and Violence in The News
- How Managers Can Promote Healthy Discussions About Race
- Racial Equity and Inclusion Action Guide
- Talking About Race
- Ten Lessons for Talking About Race, Racism and Racial Justice
- U.S. Businesses Must Take Meaningful Action Against Racism
These suggestions are intended for use by adults. Their listing does not imply endorsement by VCIC of all content included therein.