Tidewater Chapter Awards
The 60th annual Tidewater Humanitarian Awards Celebration takes place on Thursday, March 21, 2024.
Under the leadership of Celebration Chair, Sandra Porter Leon, the following individuals and organization will be honored:
HUMANITARIAN AWARDS 2024
Don Comer, Jr.
Susan S. Goode
Laura Geringer Gross
Iris J. Lundy
Michael R. Toliver
The Humanitarian Award of the Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities is presented to those individuals who have demonstrated a personal commitment to the promotion of respect and understanding among people of diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds. On occasion, the organization may bestow the Jeffrey B. Spence Award for Interfaith Understanding to individuals who have conducted exceptional work in the area of interfaith understanding. The Distinguished Merit Award recognizes corporations or community organizations for their humanitarian work.
Thank you to the 2023 Humanitarian Awards Supporters:
Humanitarian Level Supporters
• The George & Grace Dragas Family Foundation
• Sandra & Miles Leon
• S L Nusbaum Insurance Agency Inc. & Charles S. Nusbaum | Beth Nusbaum Curtiss
• Williams Mullen / Bill & Sharon Nusbaum
Past Humanitarian Awards
To make a reservation:
- By check or invoice: print out the Reply Card (TBA), complete all information, and mail it to VCIC
- Online: Use the form below or visit our registration site Note: all fees are passed on to registrant